DEAR PATIENTS AND FRIENDS,
I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE WELL AS WE CONTINUE TO LIVE THROUGH THE COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC.
WE ARE PREPARING TO OPEN KOHARAEYE PRACTICE FOR PREVENTATIVE AND NON-EMERGENCY EYE VISITS. IN OBSERVANCE OF THE STATE AND LOS ANGELES COUNTY “STAY HOME” EXECUTIVE ORDERS, THE TENTATIVE RE-OPEN DATE WILL BEGIN MONDAY, MAY 18, 2020. THIS WILL BE A SLOW AND GRADUAL PROCESS IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FOR OUR STAFF.
UNDER THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF CENTERS OF DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) AND THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF OPHTHALMOLOGY (AAO), WE CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE FOR LIMITED OFFICE VISITS TO URGENT AND VISION THREATENING CONSULTATIONS ONLY AND ACCEPT TELEHEALTH VIRTUAL VISITS FOR ALL NEW AND ESTABLISHED PATIENTS FOR NON-URGENT/ NON-EMERGENCY CONCERNS. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOUR CONCERN IS URGENT, PLEASE CALL TO DISCUSS SO WE CAN APPROPRIATELY TRIAGE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
PLEASE CALL (323) 682-0289 OR BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE AND PLEASE SCHEDULE AT LEAST 2 HOURS IN ADVANCE.
PLEASE REVIEW AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES BEFORE YOUR VISIT.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO PROTECT EVERYONE:
- The receptionist will always have a face mask on and wash their hands in between each patient.
- Dr. Kohara will wear a N-95 mask, wash hands before and after each patient, wear new gloves and eye protection during the examination.
- Each exam room and equipment will be disinfected before and after each patient.
- All books are disinfected daily, but if your child decides to use them, please remember to wash your hands.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive. If you have a fever, we will ask you to see your primary care doctor and reschedule your appointment unless it is an emergency on a case-by-case basis.
- We will survey all patients and guests for COVID-19 before their appointment and anyone suspected will be referred to their primary care physician or to an urgent care.
- Appointments will be scheduled with ample time in between patients to avoid overlapping Appointments.
- ***Please be sure to arrive on-time to allow enough time to complete your visit before the next appointment.
Preparing for your visit:
- For all adult patients, please come alone.
- For all minors, please schedule only 1 child per visit and have 1 legal guardian or parent accompany the child.
- Please wear a face mask to your visit. Children under 2 will not be asked to wear a mask.
Effective May 18, 2020:
- New patients:
- Registration forms will be emailed to you and we strongly recommend the forms be completed and reviewed before your arrival.
- Please email/fax a copy of the front/ back of your medical insurance cards. (we will accept clear photo images)
- Please email/fax a copy of the front/ back of a photo ID (driver’s license or passport) of the patient or accompanying legal guardian of the patient. (we will accept clear photo images)
- Most new patients will be dilated. Since it takes approximately 30 minutes for the eyes to dilate, we will apply dilating drops after the vision is examined. While we are waiting for the eyes to dilate, this will be the time we will ask a detailed history of the patient and discuss any concerns.
- Established patients:
- Please be sure to arrive on-time to allow enough time to complete your visit before the next appointment.
- Running Late?
- Any late patients will be asked to reschedule. If you know you will be running late, please call our office ahead of time before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please call our receptionist (323) 682-0289 to let us know you have arrived and to check-in to your appointment.
- If we still have a patient inside, we will ask you to wait in your car or outside the office door.
- After checking-in, we will ask you to go directly into the exam room. There will be no waiting in the lobby.
- If needed, we will schedule your follow up visit in the exam room or if we are running out of time, we will call you to schedule your follow up visit.
- Depending on your insurance, you may have a copay or deductible. All payments will be collected at check-out.
- Refraction service: please review our refraction policy in your registration forms. The fee for this service will be collected at check out.
- Optical store:
- All glasses fitting will be by appointment only. For a guaranteed perfect fit the patient must be present at the time of the fitting.